Today we're releasing the updated open-source version 8.0.1 of TzIndex – with Edo support
Along with several performance improvements, this version of our all-in-one zero-conf Tezos indexer comes with support for the latest Tezos protocol Edo and Edonet including Edo2 (PtEdo2Zk) and Edonet2. Additionally, it introduces two new modes for more flexible deployment.
- Light mode: skips baker and governance data, saving roughly 50% storage costs and indexing time. This is best suited for dapps where access to consensus-related data is not required.
- Validate mode: works in combination with full and light mode. Checks balances and states of all touched accounts at each block against a Tezos archive node before changes are written to the database. At the end of each cycle, all known accounts in the indexer database are checked as well. This ensures 100% consistency at the cost of reduced indexing speed.
- Storage: 6.3GB (full Mainnet index, Feb 2021), 3.9G (light mode)
- RAM: 4-24GB (configurable, use more memory for better query latency)
- CPU: 2+ cores (configurable, use more for better query parallelism)
- Tezos node in archive mode
Read the instructions on how to build, run, and configure in the readme.
For all details, check out the full changelog:
8.0.1 Bugfix release - ETL: fix protocol detection for Edo 8.0.0 Note: compatible with Edo and API version 2020-06-01. Database rebuild is required. - ETL: Tezos Edo protocol and Edonet support including Edo2 (PtEdo2Zk) and Edonet2 - ETL: support internal origination+delegation - ETL: new light mode that skips baker and governance data (cli arg --light) - ETL: new validate mode for checking balances and account state each block - ETL: improved decimal conversion performance - ETL: improved base58 encode/decode performance - ETL: improved database performance - ETL: added multiple caches to improve indexer and query performance - ETL: delegation operations now contain the delegated balance as volume - ETL: fixed is_delegatable and is_spendable flags for accounts and contracts - ETL: fixed removing accounts on rollback - ETL: fixed roll calculations for index 15 snapshots - ETL: fixed baker registrations due to Tezos protocol bug in v002 - ETL: fixed call stats for migrated contracts - API: new call dispatcher to limit concurrent requests and return 429 on overflow - API: new governance endpoints to list voters /explorer/election/:num/:stage/voters and ballots /explorer/election/:num/:stage/ballots - API: new account rank endpoints /explorer/rank/volume, /explorer/rank/traffic and /explorer/rank/balances - API: improved cache expiry - API: improved operation list performance - API: improved Edo comb pair unwrapping Tezos Edo Protocol Support - introduced a 5th voting period (adoption) and decreased duration of each period - RPC changes for block metadata (level and voting info) - RPC changes for bigmap updates (now called lazy storage) - new Michelson comb pairs and related data encoding - new Michelson tickets and related data encoding - new Michelson instructions for BLS curves, Sapling and tickets
TzIndex is available under two licenses: 1) open-source MIT license with limited support / best-effort updates, 2) PRO license with professional support and scheduled updates. Pick the right license for your use case: learn more.